Entertainment News

God of War Ragnarok’s Physical Launch Sales Beat Call Of Duty, Pokemon, And Elden Ring In The UK


God of War Ragnarok is seeing tremendous success, & its physical launch sales beat Call Of Duty, Pokemon, & Elden Ring in the UK.

God of War Ragnarok Beats Call Of Duty, Pokemon, And Elden Ring In The UK

God of War Ragnarok is one of the biggest launches of the year, & its physical sales have beaten some renowned names like Elden Ring, Call Of Duty, & Pokemon in the United Kingdom. It seems God of War fans in the UK are enjoying the title more than other places, as God of War Ragnarok broke a series record recently. The latest title saw the biggest launch from the franchise in the UK based on physical sales.

Now God of War Ragnarok has achieved another key milestone by beating several notable game titles at the UK physical sales box office. As things st&, the latest entry from the God of War franchise is only behind FIFA 23 this year, as it saw the second-biggest physical sales launch in the UK.


RELATED: God of War Ragnarok Mod Removes Kratos’ Beard

God of War Ragnarok dethroned the previous number two, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, & beat other notable titles like Elden Ring & Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Readers should note this data is only based on physical sales & excludes digital downloads. Regardless, God of War Ragnarok‘s performance at the box office is commendable. The game sold more boxed copies on the first day than any other previous God of War game. GfK reports that Ragnarok sold 51% more physical copies than God of War (2018), the previous best-seller. The data also points out that God of War Ragnarok‘s 82% physical sales came for PS5 & the remaining 18% were on PS4.

God of War: Ragnarok Kratos fighting Thor

Furthermore, GfK’s weekend UK physical sales chart for November 12 saw another new entry, Sonic Frontiers, resting at the fourth spot. God of War Ragnarok, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, & FIFA 23 occupy the top three positions in the aforementioned chart, followed by Sonic Frontiers & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Surprisingly, another Sony title made it to the top ten physical games in the UK, Horizon Forbidden West. The action-RPG climbed to the seventh spot from the 12th after seeing a 141% increment. Meanwhile, Animal Crossing: New Horizons & Minecraft on Nintendo Switch slipped to ninth & tenth positions, respectively.

However, experts suggest the download sales data of God of War Ragnarok will paint a clearer picture of its commercial performance. Besides smashing box office records, the action-adventure game from Santa Monica Studio saw a warm response from critics & fans alike. Moreover, The Game Awards Nominees were revealed recently, & God of War Ragnarok has received the most nominations with ten. Gamers believe the Game of The Year award will be a close contest between the latest God of War title & Elden Ring.

God of War Ragnarok is available now on PS4 & PS5.

MORE: God of War Ragnarok: Well of Urd Nornir Chest Guide (Midgard)

Source: GamesIndustry.biz


Source link gamerant.com
#God #War #Ragnaroks #Physical #Launch #Sales #Beat #Call #Duty #Pokemon #Elden #Ring

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Plz deactivate the ad blocker and contribute to us.